#231839 04/28/12 04:57 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
PHILADELPHIA +900/CHICAGO -1375

Bulls will dispatch the Sixers. Just can't see the Sixers winning here in what I would think are going to be some ugly low scoring type games.

NEW YORK +615/MIAMI -930

Looking for an upset here with the Knicks. Amare's back and their bench has played a lot of minutes in key games. I don't think they are afraid of Miami at all.

ORLANDO +635/INDIANA -970

Got to ride the hot Pacers. Orlando is in disarray without Howard and Ryan Anderson can only do so much. The Pacers are for real and a dangerous club to win the East.

BOSTON -185/ATLANTA +160

This series can go either way. Home court is key and this may be the last ride for KG, Ray Allen and Pierce. I'll go with Atlanta here although I think Boston will be playing to prove something. This easily can go the distance in the series.

DALLAS +410/OKLAHOMA CITY -515

From Champs to out in the first round in 2012? Likely so, can't see Dallas stopping Durant/Westbrook and if Harden is clear to play and in good shape that's a tough trio to stop. I'd take that trio over Lebron/Wade/Bosh anyday. There's no ego in the OKC lineup. OKC to win this series.

UTAH +1250/SAN ANTONIO -2000

Any total that is 205 or less, pound the over. I can't see the young Utah squad winning this series. Utah has a nice nucleus but the Spurs are going to be tough to beat in the West. The only challengers I see for the Spurs is OKC.

DENVER +170/LOS ANGELES Lakers -200

In years past there wouldn't even be a thought of not taking LA in this match up. This year is different. LA seems to come unglued at times and then there are flashes of greatness like their comeback at home down 18 in the fourth vs OKC earlier this week. This is a tougher series than it looks and home court is going to need to be protected. I am going to side with LA but wouldn't be at all surprised if Denver steals this series.

LOS ANGELES Clippers +175/MEMPHIS -210

Didn't you just think that the Clippers would have a much bigger season with Griffin/Paul running the show. Well they made the playoffs but I think they under performed this year. I like the toughness of Memphis and think they send the Clippers packing. What excitement can their be in LA for the Clippers making the playoffs when the Lakers have done it historically. If the Clippers had their own court instead of sharing it with the Lakers it would be different but then again it is LA. I'll take Memphis in this one.

A post a day and your access will stay!

Re: NBA Playoff Predictions
FREAK #231870 04/29/12 08:24 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thoughts from Day 1

Why is Derrick Rose out on the court up 12 with a shade over a minute to go? This injury could've happened at any time but it just makes no sense for him to be on the court.

Still think the Bulls take out Philly as they have played down the stretch without Rose, albeit meaningless games for the most part but they learned to play without him.

Is game 1 a NY rope a dope? The Heat aren't that much better than the Knicks and it's only 1 game.

The Orlando game is what I thought the Philly game would be ugly.... How bad of a second half was that game. High School teams would have scored more points. Don't even say defense, because so many wide open shots and free throws were missed it was sickening to say these are pros.

OKC showed tenacity after falling behind 7 late in the 4th and what a finish. I know it's only 1 game, but as I stated OKC wins this series.

FREAK #231941 04/30/12 09:00 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thoughts from Day 2:

The Spurs did what they should've done. It just doesn't get much easier.

The Lakers defense stifled the Nuggets offense. If you can't play your game and are playing the others team speed or game, you simply won't win. Ugly performance by the Nuggets. Too many easy buckets missed and when you don't convert you lose.

Outside of the first quarter outburst by Atlanta of 31 points, the rest of the game was sloppy, ugly and downright brutal to watch. Atlanta deserved to lose but Boston just played that much worse. Just bad to watch. Give me paint drying please.

That super loud thud you heard was Memphis's season coming to a total crash. Up 21 at home after 3 periods, a game you are dominating and you score 13 points in the 4th and give up 35 to lose. A stunning 28-3 run in the final 9 minutes.... So you say it's just one game, sure but this isn't like the Knicks game where they were out of it early and on the road. This is at home up 24 with 9 to go and you choked it away. It will be hard for Memphis to bounce back from this no matter what anyone says.

We now head into the abyss as the NBA Playoff schedule goes nutty. We get 3 games a night instead of four and one game of the series gets shuffled forward. This is why the NBA playoffs last until June.

The compact schedule was great as far as I was concerned, no basketball season should be this long and dragged out. The NFL and MLB are so vastly different they can't compare.

FREAK #231963 05/01/12 08:15 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thoughts from Day 3:

Knicks played much better but will have to really crank it up at home. Down 2-0 they can't afford to lose at home. Miami will go on and win this series it appears at this point. But we shall see.

An Indiana blitz in the 3rd was what the doctor ordered to even up the series. I still think Indiana even after losing home court advantage wins this series. They are too talented and have good team chemistry.

Once again OKC holds on for a win and weathers the furious Dallas comeback. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in Dallas. OKC bettors unless laying the heavy ML are holding worthless paper.

FREAK #231983 05/02/12 09:18 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thoughts from Day 4:

If you as a favorite at home can't beat Boston without Ray Allen and Rondo you have serious issues. This is the playoffs and you can't hold a lead up 5 after 3 and then score only 14 points in the 4th. Wow how bad is Atlanta. They deserve to lose this series.

Chicago another team of futility. 55 points in the first half and up 8. You then give up 36 points in one quarter after giving up 44 in 2? Not to mention you only score 14 points yourself? I mean I guess when you score 37 points in the second half and give up 36 in the third and lose the half 62-37 at home, what does that say? Don't blame it on Rose. Seriously Chicago is another team that just flat out deserves to lose.

Denver loses 104-100 but that's not even the story here. LA is favored by 5.5 and the over/under is 202.5 A meaningless tip in with less than a second to go not only gives Denver the cover, but pushes it over.

How many bad beat stories are being shared all over the forum lands tonight and into tomorrow. I would say tens of thousands. It would be interesting to find out how much money changed hands on that play alone. From LA and under to Denver and over with a meaningless tip in at the buzzer.

Only thing better than that is those beautiful round nipples on my avatar. Now that would be something to suck on.

FREAK #232002 05/03/12 04:38 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thoughts from Day 5:

The Spurs just don't quit do they? Up 30+ and still pushing, driving, scoring. It's machine like precision no matter who was in the line up. Utah is done and may not win a game in this series.

Indiana took no prisoners in game 3. I think after losing game 1 the wake up call was there. They likely go on to win this series 4-1. I just can't see Orlando being able to win another game in this series.

Clippers shot extremely well from the field but turnovers and fouls were their doom. It's off to LA and it was funny to hear them talking about the rabid Clippers fans. I am sure the place will be rocking and they will need to because this team needs it.

FREAK #232046 05/04/12 04:53 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thoughts from Day 6:

The Heat had such a horrible first half they had a stretch of 10 minutes and 4 minutes without a bucket and yet only trailed by 4 at halftime. Second half Miami turned it on and the Knicks just didn't respond. 30 points in the second half at home just don't cut it. I was really off with my prediction of the Knicks and knew it was a long shot but never thought NY just wouldn't show up. Miami will close this out 4-0 and get rest. As much as I hate Miami they are going to be tough to beat if they continue to play like this.

As with the Knicks, where are the defending champions? They look slow and pedestrian. I think age has caught up with this team quickly. Going to be hard to see this being the same Dallas team next season. As for OKC they will move on and I can't see them losing Game 4. The only way is if Dallas plays one for the gipper for their home crowd. I am sure they don't want to get beat on their home court after being the champs. Personally I'd hate to see it as well as I rooted for Dallas last year. In any event, changes forthcoming in Dallas.

FREAK #232048 05/04/12 05:39 AM
JV Squad
JV Squad
You are right Miami will sweep. And this would have happened with Lin and Amare in case anyone tries to blame it on injuries. This team needs a REAL PG and some more time together. Some nice pieces in place though.

gmenknicks #232049 05/04/12 05:40 AM
JV Squad
JV Squad
Had Pacers at +300 to sweep and they fell asleep Game 1....They are my darkhorse team to come out of the East...

gmenknicks #232053 05/04/12 08:45 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
I agree gmenknicks, with a healthy Amere and Lin, it might have been closer but the way they are playing now it's sad. Where is Carmelo? It's like he is sleep walking through this series and doesn't have a care in the world.

FREAK #232100 05/05/12 06:08 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thoughts from Day 7:

The Boston/Atlanta series is nothing but 4th quarter meltdowns by the team ahead. Tonight was no different, the difference is it went to OT and Boston prevailed. I liked Atlanta in this series but the loss of Josh Smith is huge. Going to have to take it game by game now.

Chicago once again had a meltdown in the second half. Up 71-64 with 5 minutes to go and get outscored 15-3 to lose by 5 is just absurd. I know they don't have Rose, lost Noah in this game but they are still pros and didn't execute at all. Chicago deserves to lose this series, they should be up 3-0 instead of down 2-1.

FREAK #232159 05/06/12 07:58 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thoughts from Day 8:

Indiana had a 4th qtr meltdown.
Memphis had a 4th qtr meltdown.
Dallas had a 4th quarter meltdown.

Spurs dominated.

The meltdowns continue and the only one to win was Indiana and it took overtime. Memphis had a shot to win as the Clippers missed foul shot after foul shot the last 30 seconds.

Dallas what can I say.... The real big 3 put on a show once again.

FREAK #232207 05/07/12 02:41 AM
JV Squad
JV Squad
these meltdowns have really hurt me....fucking slop bucket play..time to make a comeback

gmenknicks #232208 05/07/12 02:48 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thoughts from Day 9:

The Bulls absolutely have nothing down the stretch again. Now down 3-1 and I can smell a lot of bettors parlay tickets going up in smoke.

NY salvages one game in the series with a gutty performance but it won't be enough as Miami will likely give them an ass beating in Miami to end this series.

Atlanta came out with no energy and got what it deserved. This series is over. The old guys have a lot of heart.

Lakers got what they needed and will head home and send the Nuggets packing for the rest of the season.

FREAK #232244 05/08/12 09:10 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thoughts from Day 10:

Spurs blew em out and then cruised to give Utah the back door cover gift as a consolation prize.

Clippers won a good game at home but again blew a 10 pt lead down the stretch. I think Grizzles get the game at home to make it 3-2 and send it back to LA for game 6.

FREAK #232385 05/11/12 06:23 AM
JV Squad
JV Squad
going to put at least 250 on the best series price I can get for Pacers...

This is a dangerous team and the I have seen prices in the high 600's

gmenknicks #232539 05/14/12 12:16 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Round 1 Predictions went a miserable 4-4 as Chicago, NYK, Atlanta and Memphis went down in flames.

Let's face it NYK was a long shot, Chicago losing Rose and then Noah was too much to overcome.

Boston showed heart as I thought they would and the Clippers won on the road in game 7.

For Round 2

I like Boston over Philadelphia

Indiana over Miami

OKC over LA

SA over LA

I know Boston series started yesterday, however forgot it was starting. Boston caught a huge break and will be in the EC Finals.

I am hoping Indiana can play their uptempo game and contain 1 of the big 3 to put added pressure on the other 2.

OKC and SA will crush both LA teams.

FREAK #232587 05/16/12 01:50 AM
JV Squad
JV Squad
I am eith you on Pacers. I got a great series price on them and I think they take the game tonight in Miami

GL

gmenknicks #232594 05/16/12 07:05 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
A split for Indy in Miami is huge. If they can carry over the momentum and hold serve at home that would be great.

Both LA's go down in flames in game 1

How about how ugly this BOS/PHI series is. You would think these were college teams with the lack of scoring and just horrible offense.

FREAK #232612 05/16/12 11:17 PM
JV Squad
JV Squad
guess at a total for game 1 of a phil/ind series... 169?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  FREAK, sailfish, tinfw17, wayne1218 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Please be advised that links to other sites may offer activities that are illegal in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are strongly urged to investigate the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions of viewers and makes no representation or endorsement of any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites. By viewing this website, viewers agree to hold the website owner harmless from any claims that may arise from their participation in any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites.

2000-2024 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.