Sports Betting

Betting Forum

Topic Options
#450791 - 10/05/19 09:27 AM Hockey Night In Canada
poorboy Offline
2006 Bad Man Runner Up

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Hockey Night in Canada!

I have tried over a few years here to post something for Saturday Night games involving Canadian teams as hockey fans here love Hockey Night In Canada across the country. Life always seems to get in the way but I will do my best, as a source of entertainment for myself if nothing else.

I no longer have time to analyze as I used to so now, my picks are based on the ‘fluff’, which is just following highlights of games and what may be things I read, see, or hear. So this is strictly for entertainment purposes only (Lines I grab from various sites and are just for context if anyone is curious), although I may wager through our provincial lottery here but the odds do suck generally and you have to parlay the picks. I had some great little runs in the past though when I could dedicate some time to my own methods of research.

Anyhow, that’s what this is all about and why I am posting here. Feel free to heckle, judge, laugh, or jump on the Canucks bandwagon anytime. I am a die hard Vancouver Canucks fan and am biased in their favour when selecting games. Boy, has that cost me in the past as well ☹

Anyhow, all in good fun, lets see how this season goes.

#450792 - 10/05/19 09:34 AM Re: Hockey Night In Canada [Re: poorboy]
poorboy Offline
2006 Bad Man Runner Up

Loc: Ontario,Canada

Tonight’s games involving Canadian teams:

Montreal @ Toronto (-265)

The Leaf’s are the greatest team in the world, ever, just ask any Leaf’s fan!

I am originally a west coast guy so I love to give jabs to the Leaf fans when I can, even though I live in Ontario now. The do have a very good team and in this matchup, are obviously the favorites. I like the Canadians, they did pretty well last year and were fun to watch. They have some young players which can provide energy and a spark to them. Carey Price is an awesome goalie. Great historical battles between these teams, always a fun game to watch. Leafs do have the goods though and should easily win this one, but they will probably sneak out with a 1 goal win.

New York Ranger (-125) @ Ottawa

Rangers added a couple nice players this season in Artemi Panarin and Jacob Trouba and had great luck to get #2 pick in the draft in Kaapo Kakko but they are still in rebuild mode and wont make the playoffs. Ottawa (who wont make playoffs either) seems to have the Rangers number when playing at home against them (even though neither team resembles what they once were), one of those little oddities. Ottawa will struggle a lot of nights this year as will the Rangers but in this one, I think I give the Sens the edge at home.

LA Kings @ Edmonton (-160)

I could talk about some of the off season moves here, and the fact that Oilers just cant seem to get/keep their crap together over an entire season, and that this is the Kings first game of the season while the Oilers played against my Canucks on opening night and beat them… but I am over that (almost)… This is one where Edmonton should dominate, and I think they have the advantage not only based on talent on the ice, but some kind of momentum already as they have played and the kings have not a meaningful game already. The only thing I am not sold on is goaltending/defense for the Oilers, not meant as a knock against Smith, but the defense is never perfect in Oil land and I guess I have just seen enough of goalies there being left on their own and it is a tough gig. However, tonight, I feel the Oilers will bust things wide open and win big.

Vancouver @ Calgary (-180)

Ok, here we go! My favorite team in the Canucks and for the 2 of you who saw my comments last year or two, my ‘I could never admit in Public I love this team’ other team I really like is the Flames. Great rivalry here and I love some of the battles these teams have had in the last and have been lucky enough to watch a number of these games live back in the day. The Canucks young stars are Petterson, Boeser, Horvat, and Hughes.

The Flames have Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk, Lindholm, Bennet , and Lucic (I WISH he played for Vancouver). I am getting excited waiting for this one to start!!!

Canucks are still the younger team and have some growing up to do and lessons to learn. Calgary will help teach them those lessons, based on what they have been going through as well the last few years. Calgary is the better team and as much as it pains me, I think the Flames will take a close one tonight. But… Go Canaucks Go and I will do a couple pro line tickets tonight so if all other games come in, i will win either way.

Activities offered by links to other sites may be deemed an illegal activity in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are specifically warned that they should inquire into the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions by and makes no representation or endorsement of any of these games and/or activities offered by the third party site. As a condition of viewing this website viewers agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from the viewers participation in any of the games and/or activities offered by the third party site.

2000-2019 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.