Three and Out

Current Prize Pool $150

Topic Options
#391436 - 05/26/18 08:54 PM 6/4 Previews & Predictions
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

Loc: Time to play the Game

Welcome to Preview & Predictions at Freaks Forum

Here are other areas of the forum to take part in. Click the link to take you there.

Bet The House <--Your predictions on today’s card.

The Paid Professionals <-- Selections from Paid Handicappers.

Free Service Plays <-- Free Selections from Various Handicappers.

Statistical Advantages <-- Trends, Angles and Statistics to help you beat the bookmaker.

Selection Central <-- Your season long betting threads. Can you beat the numbers?

Get off the sidelines and into the action. Be a participating member of the community.

FREAK

#392335 - 06/03/18 10:07 PM Re: 6/4 Previews & Predictions [Re: FREAK]
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

Loc: Time to play the Game
Vegas at Washington

The Washington Capitals hope the momentum of their first-ever home win in the Stanley Cup Finals will go a long way toward recording another versus the Vegas Golden Knights in Game 4 on Monday, thereby bringing them one victory away from grabbing the chalice for the first time in franchise history. Three-time Hart Trophy winner Alex Ovechkin scored the signature diving goal in Saturday's 3-1 triumph, helping the Capitals claim a 2-1 edge in the series.

"I thought it was just sort of the right thing in our first victory in the Final at home that Alex would score the goal," coach Barry Trotz told reporters. "I thought that was a little bit of poetic justice, if you will, for all the tough times." Ovechkin matched a franchise high (John Druce) with his NHL high-tying 14th tally (Winnipeg's Mark Scheifele) to push his point total to 25 to reside two shy of fellow Russian Evgeny Kutznetsov, who rebounded from an upper-body injury in Wednesday's 3-2 win to score and set up a goal in Game 3. Tomas Nosek netted his fourth goal in five games on Saturday when he took advantage of Braden Holtby's misplay for the Golden Knights, who have dropped two in a row for the first time since the final two games of the regular season (April 5-7). "We had twice as much time off as they have in the playoffs. We should have a lot in the tank," Vegas defenseman Deryk Engelland told TSN. "I just think we're not playing our identity. We're trying to make too many plays.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA

ABOUT THE GOLDEN KNIGHTS: Shea Theodore has parlayed a solid season into a strong playoffs for Vegas, however his play in both Games 2 and 3 left a bit to be desired - and he knows it. "I just have to be much better than I was," said the 22-year-old defenseman, who saw his broken stick lead to Kuznetsov's goal at 12:50 of the second period while his botched clearing attempt resulted in fourth-liner Jay Beagle setting up Devante Smith-Pelly with 6:07 remaining in the third. Theodore also didn't do himself any favors by allowing Capitals defenseman Matt Niskanen to skate past him, resulting in Marc-Andre Fleury to be whistled for tripping to negate a Vegas power play in the latter stages of the second period.

ABOUT THE CAPITALS: Beagle answered one assist in his previous eight games by setting up a pair of goals, including tapping the puck to Kuznetsov on a 2-on-1 rush. "(The assist isn't) as good as a goal, but I want it out of my hands when it's me and him, that's for sure," the 32-year-old Beagle said of Kutznetsov, who curiously referenced an NBA Hall of Famer in a nod to playing while at less than 100 percent. "It's emotional stuff. Like Michael Jordan, when he play(ed) his best game, he got hurt, got 53 points," the 26-year-old Kuznetsov told reporters, although it's not known which game he's referencing. "I mean like when you're hurt, you play a little better always."

PREDICTION: Capitals 4, Golden Knights 2

Activities offered by links to other sites may be deemed an illegal activity in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are specifically warned that they should inquire into the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions by and makes no representation or endorsement of any of these games and/or activities offered by the third party site. As a condition of viewing this website viewers agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from the viewers participation in any of the games and/or activities offered by the third party site.

2000-2019 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.