Sports Betting

Betting Forum

FREAKSFORUM Exclusive: 50% Bonus up to $300

Use Code: FREAK 300 to get this bonus. Click on the banner to take you to Intertops and be part of the action !!!!

Topic Options
#375082 - 01/19/18 08:14 PM Hockey Day in Canada
poorboy Offline
2006 Bad Man Runner Up

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Hi all you hockey fans!

Sorry for the absence but have had a lot on the go in life and I find if I don't have time to properly prepare, my picks and results suffer, which is not a good thing!

Saturday is going to be a great slate of games during 'Hockey Day in Canada'!!!

I am posting this now, Friday night, with one game involving the Canadians just underway so hopefully no major injuries are suffered which will affect Saturdays game.

I may not get a chance to post tomorrow so doing so now.

Winnipeg 26-13-7
Calgary 25-16-4

A couple of evenly matched teams here and I like them both. Calgary was my pre season pick to do extremely well this season. Winnipeg has been playing well and has some
great players of their own and play a decent game. Calgary has won 7 in a row Winnipeg has lost their last 2.

Pick: Calgary

Toronto 25-17-5
Ottawa 15-19-9

The Leafs have had a tough go of it lately, not being able to close out games they should be winning and their goalie called them out publicly after the last game.
This is a good team but they do have a lot of youth, which can be a positive as they showed early in the season. But it is a long season and the youth can also
hurt a team at some point during this. Lucky for them, they are playing the Senators, who are having a terrible season.Their captain, Karlsson, may not be able to play.
They played last week in Toronto and the Leafs lost at home. I see the Leafs winning this one for a number of reasons, to show support for the comments from the the Goalie, to
get back at Ottawa for beating them last week, and the fact the Leafs ARE the better team.

Pick:Toronto

Boston 26-10-8 (11-5-4 Away)
Montreal 18-21-6 (11-8-5 Home)

This rivalry is always a good one. This will be their 3rd game against each other in a week, Bruins won the last 2 games. That first game was a good game and then Charas slapshot hit
Danault in the head and that took the wind out of the game. It was a scary moment and luckily I'll say, seems just a concussion for Danault, i thought it was going t be a skull fracture.
Also, Red Fisher, a sports writer who covered the team for over 50 years, passed away on Friday (His wife passed away 10 days ago) and I suspect that could be a motivation for the team as well. I
am taking Montreal in this one, even though they are playing Friday night on the road in Washington.

Pick:Montreal

Vancouver 18-21-6 (11-9-3 Away)
Edmonton 20-23-3 (9-12-1 Home)

This is a meeting of two teams whose records are similar, but the Oiler should be so much better. Canucks are in a rebuild, and play like it. They have some great games where the younger players
give us hints of a future possibility to dream again. Thy lack depth though nd when have some key players injured, despite valiant efforts, they aqr not good enough. Goal tending started out pretty good but has been underwhelming at times. The Oilers just cant seem to put thing togther, yer after year. Thy have a lot of talent, but dont seem to have all the right pieces. Some say they have too many players of the same type, and maybe they don't all compliment each other. These are the types of games the Canucks win, the ones where it seems they have no chance. However, both teams are coming off of a bye week so it will probably be a sloppy game. Who has the edge in this one? I call it a toss up and will go with my team, the Canucks, as I expect the odds will be longer on them and that's what i like!

Pick: Canucks

I am going to go for it with a 4 team parlay!

#375089 - 01/19/18 10:08 PM Re: Hockey Day in Canada [Re: poorboy]
FREAK Offline
Owner

Loc: Time to play the Game
Good Luck!

Activities offered by links to other sites may be deemed an illegal activity in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are specifically warned that they should inquire into the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions by and makes no representation or endorsement of any of these games and/or activities offered by the third party site. As a condition of viewing this website viewers agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from the viewers participation in any of the games and/or activities offered by the third party site.

2000-2018 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.