Hockey Night in Canada
#361801 10/07/17 04:21 AM
Ontario,Canada
poorboy Offline OP
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
OP Offline
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
Ontario,Canada
Here we go... First Hockey Night in Canada picks during the real season!

I will try and do this throughout the season, focusing on the Canadian teams on Saturday games. I am going to parlay my picks each week, as it seemed to work for me last week!

Just sharing info to get more involved here in the forum, and my favorite sport is hockey and it is fun to talk puck!

Note: I will update tomorrow with the odds once they are posted.

Detroit @ Ottawa

I was surprised that Detroit won their first game as I don't expect the to do well this season. Ottawa did better than I expected vs Washington in their first game.

Pick: Ottawa

Montreal @ Washington

Both these teams won their first games, and both of their games went to a shootout. I see these two teams pretty equal, and edge should go to the home team in this one

Pick: Washington

Winnipeg @ Calgary

I had already felt that Winnipeg's goaltending was going to be there weak spot this year (before their first game) because with more proven/solid goaltending, I think a better year would be forecast for them. Calgary, as you saw in my post about Playoff/Stanley Cup predictions is high on my list of teams to watch out for this year. They have goaltending this year and that will make a difference for them this year.

Pick: Calgary

NY Rangers @ Toronto

I see the Rangers as a team on the downturn this season and the Leafs are going in the other direction. Rangers getting older and Leafs have some good young players and play exciting hockey.

Pick: Toronto

Edmonton @ Vancouver

Well, my boys are playing in this one, and I warned in a previous post I sometimes bet with my heart (not the smartest thing to do). Obviously, the Canucks will be among the worst teams this season and the Oilers the best. Everything here says the Oilers. My Saturday night survivor pool probably has 50% or more picking the Oilers in this one, and that is the SMART thing to do. But, I am going with m heart here, home opener for the Canucks, the Oilers are riding high after their opening night shutout, and I think may be a tad over confident.

Pick: Vancouver

This will be a 5 Team Parlay

Re: Hockey Night in Canada
poorboy #361857 10/07/17 04:17 PM
Ontario,Canada
poorboy Offline OP
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
OP Offline
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
Ontario,Canada
Updating with odds (from Intertops)

Washington -145
Toronto -150
Calgary -140
Vancouver +150

No line yet for Ottawa game so leaving it out of my parlay as I am heading out for the day and wanted to get this updated.

4 games @$5
(+1107 total odds)

Re: Hockey Night in Canada
poorboy #361976 10/08/17 05:01 PM
Ontario,Canada
poorboy Offline OP
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
OP Offline
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
Ontario,Canada
Wow!

I could not stay up to watch my Canucks, went to bed after first period and just watched rest of the game. The boys came through. Looks like i got lucky in that the Ottawa game had no line as that is the only one I missed, but because of that, my parlay paid off again.
The Leafs blew a 5-1 lead as Rangers tied it up but Leafs went on to win, Flames were behind 3-1, but came back as well.
It was a very exciting first Saturday night of the season for sure!

Moderated by  FREAK, sailfish, tinfw17, wayne1218 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Please be advised that links to other sites may offer activities that are illegal in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are strongly urged to investigate the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions of viewers and makes no representation or endorsement of any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites. By viewing this website, viewers agree to hold the website owner harmless from any claims that may arise from their participation in any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites.

2000-2024 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.