Sports Betting

Betting Forum

FREAKSFORUM Exclusive: 50% Bonus up to $300

Use Code: FREAK 300 to get this bonus. Click on the banner to take you to Intertops and be part of the action !!!!

Topic Options
#338329 - 03/27/17 01:52 AM The rare SECOND chance !!!!!!
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

Loc: Time to play the Game
Most of you don't know how big of a Tarheel fan I am. I've been a HUGE fan since 1982.

This has been a whacky kind of year. The Final Four will be held in Glendale which is about 90 minutes from my house. I knew that it was going to be held there and thought to myself. What if the Tarheels get there. I can only hope and pray for a second chance.

Back in the 2008-2009 season the Tar Heels had a really good team and I decided to enter the NCAA drawing for tickets to the Final Four which was held in Detroit.

You had to pay in advance but there was no guarantee to get tickets. I ended up winning the lottery and got tickets.

A forum member which won't be named to save them some face agreed to go to the Final Four with me to Detroit. They would come up from Texas and we would get a room in Detroit and then go to the Final Four. They were going to pay for 1/2 the ticket cost etc etc.

As the tournament began the other party decided to bail last minute and I was stuck with no one to go. I couldn't find anyone to go ironically so I decided to not go by myself to Detroit and sold my tickets on e-bay.

Low and behold the Tar Heels won the National Title that year over Michigan. I was disparate, depressed and really bummed out for quite a while over it. It actually got to the point where I wasn't going to do the forum anymore because it just reminded me of that forum member that stiffed me last minute.

One of my bucket list items is to see North Carolina in person playing hoops. Living in Arizona they don't come here to play anyone and it's super rare they ever come West to play anyone unless it's the Maui Invitational or Anchorage Tournaments.

Another item on my bucket list was to attend the Final Four.

I never thought I would get a second chance. But as the Gods would have it the Final Four is in Arizona this year and lightning has struck as the Tar Heels made it to the Final Four.

I was mellow all day and watched the game vs KY and started feeling down when KY was up 5 with 5 or so to. I thought to myself if we could just get a 12-0 run like we did on Arkansas we can win this. Boom it happened. Then the free throws missed and KY hits a three pointer to tie it with a few seconds to go.

I thought to myself not again. After that hard pressed super tough loss last year at the buzzer vs Villanova I thought to myself well there's OT if something doesn't happen.

Then it happened Maye the monster off the bench hit the jumper near the arc and we had the lead with 0.3 left and for the first time I jumped out of my seat and clapped and woo hoo'd !!!

At that point I said I am going to the Final Four if I can get tickets.

Thanks to a super cool friend and he knows who he is if he is reading this.... made it all happen for me out of the kindness of his heart.

I am deeply thankful and will never forget the generosity of this gesture as it will fulfill two bucket list items and my all time dream will come true.

Now all I need is for the Tar Heels to win it all and me being there for the almighty bucket list trifecta.

You don't get many second chances in life and the good lord has looked over me to give me that second chance.

It goes without saying I am SKY HIGH in CAROLINA BLUE !!!!!!!!

#338336 - 03/27/17 02:03 PM Re: The rare SECOND chance !!!!!! [Re: FREAK]
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

I had the night to reflect on this and couldn't sleep. To think I am going to be in the same building as my favorite team. To see them play and to remember all the great legends of this fine institution that I have watched for 35 years.

I remember watching the games and the score was being kept with flip cards on the sides of the baskets. Good ole Carmichael Arena.

The Legendary Dean Smith RIP. That man was so much more than a coach to his players.

I can go on and on and I know if pressed for more, I'll stumble in excitement.

I can only imagine the greats that will be in that building Saturday night and hopefully Monday night that will be rooting on their Alma Mater.

Of course I won't be seated anywhere near them and I'll be off in the corner somewhere straining my eyes to see the game but I'll be there and rooting and cheering as loud as I can even though I know they won't hear me or see me but I'll be doing it all the same.

It's been a long long journey to get there but I'll be there loud and proud.

Go Heels!

#338832 - 04/01/17 02:41 PM Re: The rare SECOND chance !!!!!! [Re: FREAK]
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

On my way !!!!!!

#338845 - 04/02/17 01:50 AM Re: The rare SECOND chance !!!!!! [Re: FREAK]
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

Back from the semi finals.

Two really great games, two tough losses for Oregon and South Carolina. Both teams played their guts out.

I literally had flash backs of Villanova's three point shot against UNC in the title game last year as the Tar Heels missed four free throws in the final 8 seconds and luckily enough for them they got two offensive rebounds and somehow won by 1.

Lord Have Mercy.

Two bucket list items and a life long dream to see the Tar Heels win the title in person to go.

Monday should be an interesting and exciting game.

Thing is I follow Gonzaga and watched their rise from a Mid Major to where they are now. Always rooted for them in the West Regional finals when Connecticut won the West Regionals and went on to win their titles.

Nonetheless I'll be rooting for the Heels to tear down the nets!

#338964 - 04/04/17 03:05 AM Re: The rare SECOND chance !!!!!! [Re: FREAK]
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

Guys and Gals you have no idea the rush I am on. Just home from the Title game and the Tar Heels winning.

My goodness I am sky freaking high and yes I used my moniker!!

What a game and I am being as real as it gets, I don't know how UNC won. If you look at the stat lines they have some super horrible stats. 4 for 27 from downtown, horrible from the foul line. They were out rebounded but yet they won.

The saving grace is they made obviously more baskets but Gonzaga had 14 turnovers compared to 4 for UNC.

The atmosphere was electric and I can remember telling people the first team to 70 will win the game. It was surreal. The trophy presentation the cutting of the nets and to see one shining moment on the huge video boards.

I am so happy and I have been super blessed to get this second chance and everything align the way it did.

I can't thank enough my great friend that made it all happen for me to get the tickets. He knows who it is, we talk daily and I'll be forever grateful as I'll never forget this experience.

I just want to yell out wooooooo hooooos but damn it's late !!!

So WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#339434 - 04/08/17 05:24 PM Re: The rare SECOND chance !!!!!! [Re: FREAK]
MakinCash Offline
Sophmore

Loc: Philly
Nice write up. Congrats on the great experience.

Activities offered by links to other sites may be deemed an illegal activity in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are specifically warned that they should inquire into the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions by and makes no representation or endorsement of any of these games and/or activities offered by the third party site. As a condition of viewing this website viewers agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from the viewers participation in any of the games and/or activities offered by the third party site.

2000-2017 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.