Sports Betting

Betting Forum

FREAKSFORUM Exclusive: 50% Bonus up to $300

Use Code: FREAK 300 to get this bonus. Click on the banner to take you to Intertops and be part of the action !!!!

Topic Options
#313177 - 06/04/16 01:07 AM RIP to the Inspiration for BAD MAN
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

Loc: Time to play the Game
I don't believe I have ever told the story of how the contest name came about.

It was 16 years ago that I wanted to do a contest that was the same as the Super Contest but was affordable for the every day person to get involved in.

I was sitting there racking my brains for a name of the contest and I had the TV on in the background and it was a documentary about Muhammad Ali. They were showing some of his more memorable phrases and showing the old footage.

One of the phrases which everyone knows is "I'M A BAD MAN"

I sat there for a split second and instantly the contest was named Bad Man.

RIP to Muhammad Ali one of the greatest if not the greatest of all time, a humanitarian, a showman and a trail blazer during his era.

His memory will live on forever and will always be with us here at the forum especially during the NFL Season.

#318647 - 08/25/16 08:46 PM Re: RIP to the Inspiration for BAD MAN [Re: FREAK]
x32c Offline
JV Squad

Thats a great story. I would have never put two and two together that that was how the name came about.

i was lucky enough to meet him one time and he certainly left a lasting impression on me. it wasn't like a one on one meeting. it was a group of about 15 of us. it was about a week before the shavers fight at the garden. i thought he would be the showboat i was use to seeing on tv but he wasn't anything like that. he was down to earth and comical. i really enjoyed the 30 or 40 minutes he was around us. never knew he actually recorded two spoken word albums....great person.

#318651 - 08/25/16 09:11 PM Re: RIP to the Inspiration for BAD MAN [Re: x32c]
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

That's a great memory to have and a one of a kind opportunity. Thanks for sharing your story.

#330969 - 01/02/17 01:55 AM Re: RIP to the Inspiration for BAD MAN [Re: FREAK]
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

This topic will move contest year to year for historical reference.

Activities offered by links to other sites may be deemed an illegal activity in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are specifically warned that they should inquire into the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions by and makes no representation or endorsement of any of these games and/or activities offered by the third party site. As a condition of viewing this website viewers agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from the viewers participation in any of the games and/or activities offered by the third party site.

2000-2017 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.