#329514 12/17/16 10:38 PM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Guys,

I don't ask for much but I am asking you for prayers for fellow forum member Alex.

Alex has been diagnosed with a pretty aggressive kidney and bladder cancer. It is so aggressive they scheduled surgery immediately for him.

He is going to be starting chemo treatments next Thursday for at least eight weeks. Alex as you can imagine is nervous and apprehensive and said to me this could be his last bad man because he might not be around much longer.

I've known Alex for a long long time and we used to talk daily via AOL Instant Messenger in the early days of the forum. Alex has been a member for nearly 15 years and is one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet.

I am in shock to have found this out and it has deeply saddened me. I tell you guys that I look at you as part of my extended family and I don't just say it to say it. I truly mean it. I have made some long time friends and some of you will become long time friends.

Please say some prayers for Alex and let's cheer him on to cover the spread and win his battle with this nasty battle he is going through.

Together we can, Together we will!

Thank You in advance for your support in this very important matter.

A post a day and your access will stay!

Re: Prayers Needed Immediately
FREAK #329521 12/17/16 11:16 PM
Rookie
Rookie
Love and prayers to you Alex

unfairadvantage #329528 12/18/16 09:39 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thanks unfairadvantage for your post.

If you want to send a card to Alex which isn't his real name but his posting name you can send it to him addressed as such:

Alex
37 Magnolia Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220

If sending a card isn't your thing, how about dropping him well wishes via e-mail to ollie1158@aol.com

Thank You

FREAK

FREAK #329623 12/18/16 08:44 PM
SC
Veteran
Veteran
SC
Definitely will keep Alex in my prayers! Keep us posted on his progress as he fights through this battle!

Birdie4me #329625 12/18/16 08:47 PM
JV Squad
JV Squad
Alex I remember you from way back brother.

Fight the good fight and never give up.

I am betting on you brother, you are not the underdog in this one.

Prayers and much love.

Rebunkshus #329636 12/18/16 10:47 PM
pa
Veteran
Veteran
pa
Will pray for him

pitt #329693 12/19/16 06:53 PM
USA
Freshman
Freshman
USA
Praying for recovery and may God Bless you all!

Gray #329993 12/23/16 03:52 AM
bad man USA
2014, 2002 & 2001 Bad Man Champion
2014, 2002 & 2001 Bad Man Champion
bad man USA
god speed my friend

Stewman21 #330062 12/23/16 11:25 PM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Thanks everyone for your prayers, your e-mails and cards being sent to Alex.

As an update he was scheduled to have his first chemo treatment yesterday. I dropped him a line to see how things went and haven't heard back from yet.

As you can imagine it has to be tough to be going through this and so close to Christmas.

Please continue to send him e-mails.

Yes I know you don't know him and it might be awkard but he is a human being like the rest of us.

During the holiday season it so much better to give than it is to receive. So please if you haven't send him an e-mail and at least wish him a Merry Christmas

E-mail ollie1158@aol.com

FREAK #330204 12/24/16 09:24 PM
buffalo ny usa
2003 Bad Man Champion
2003 Bad Man Champion
buffalo ny usa
I would like to thank everyone here who has sent me well wishes and kind words in the last few days. To be honest its really quite humbling to get encouragement form people for the most part I don't even know personally.I am being treated in a world class facility dedicated strictly for cancer and my medical team is top notch too. An update , my treatments have been put off for a short while , I will be having my left kidney removed because its been badly damaged by tumor in 2 weeks , treatments will start soon after. Iam hopeful that they will be a success and I will be around for next years contest . I have been a contestant in Freaks contests for as long as I can remember and you wont find a more honest run event anywhere on the internet . I have always found Tom to be a man of his word, to me that means a great deal. Thank you all again for your kind words and I hope all of you have a Happy . Healthy and safe Christmas . And that the New Year will be a good one for you .

alex #356895 08/31/17 11:27 PM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
It has been awhile since I have updated this thread. I have been in contact with Alex since the post and things seemed to be moving forward in a good way.

I exchanged communications with him today and unfortunately things have turned to the downside.

In his own words:

I honestly don't know what to tell you . A biopsy and scope exam showed my bladder and kidney to be cancer free. But my lab work is still showing abnormal cells. Just underwent another biopsy and am awaiting those results. They suspect the cancer may have traveled into my liver or pancreas . I don't have to tell you how serious that would be . Should get results by middle of next week so I will let you know . Could use a few prayers my friend

So I am asking once again of the forum members to reach out to Alex via e-mail ollie1158@aol.com

FREAK #357723 09/07/17 04:03 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
An update from Alex

it's been a roller coaster day for me . Never been so scared this morning in my life when I went to see the doctor's to hear the results of the biopsies they took. Turns out my fears were for nothing . I am pleased to tell you results were negative and no sign of tumors anywhere . I seemed to have dodged a very serious bullet . So I want to thank you for your prayers .

FREAK #357724 09/07/17 04:04 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Best news he could receive. Thanks everyone for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.

Moderated by  FREAK, sailfish, tinfw17, wayne1218 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Please be advised that links to other sites may offer activities that are illegal in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are strongly urged to investigate the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions of viewers and makes no representation or endorsement of any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites. By viewing this website, viewers agree to hold the website owner harmless from any claims that may arise from their participation in any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites.

2000-2024 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.