Your 2013 Super Bowl Winner
#250414 08/22/13 05:03 PM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Post your division winners along with your conference champions.

Finally who wins the Super Bowl?

A post a day and your access will stay!

Re: Your 2013 Super Bowl Winner
FREAK #250669 08/27/13 05:04 AM
Rookie
Rookie
Alright, I will be first to post here. I believe that I had the Super Bowl winner last year when I made my picks before the season started. Here is how I see it right now.

AFC

Denver 13-3
Houston 11-5
New England 11-5
Cincinnati 10-6
Indianapolis 9-7
Miami 9-7

NFC

Atlanta 12-4
Green Bay 12-4
Seattle 12-4
Dallas 10-6
New Orleans 10-6
New York Giants 9-7

AFC Championship
Houston VS Denver

NFC Championship
Dallas VS Green Bay

Super Bowl
Green Bay VS Denver. ( in a snow storm ) when's the last time you've seen a Super Bowl played in 20 degree weather with snow flying

Winner Green Bay

whitesox #250682 08/27/13 04:56 PM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game

FREAK #250710 08/28/13 08:21 AM
Rookie
Rookie
Sorry, Freak had the winner but I also had Baltimore in the Super Bowl last year, we just didn't put the right NFC team in there.

Good luck all this year.

whitesox #251125 09/04/13 04:52 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
I think this year is not going to be much of a difference from last year. There may be a few surprises but unlikely to put the football world on notice.

AFC

East - New England
North - Cincinnati or Baltimore (Tie)
South - Houston
West - Denver

Wild Cards - Cincinnati or Baltimore with Indianapolis

NFC

East - Dallas
North - Green Bay
South - New Orleans
West - San Francisco

Wild Cards - Atlanta/Seattle

AFC - Houston
NFC - New Orleans

Champs = Houston

In the AFC no one is going to challenge New England in the East. The Dolphins are a trendy pick to make the playoffs, but there's just no way in my view they get there. In the North it's going to be a tie between Cincinnati and Baltimore, one will win the division and one will be a wild card. In the South and the West, easy peasy barring some major major injuries, Houston and Denver.

Indianapolis will be the other wild card team.

The AFC just appears to damn easy to predict to be honest. Watch me be way wrong here, but seriously who is going to step up this year? Teams are in major declines like Pittsburgh and San Diego or the teams are just going to be super aweful like Oakland, Tennessee and NY Jets.

In the NFC it's almost more of the same. The only difference is New Orleans. They get reunited with their coach, bounty gate is behind them and they pick up where they left off two years ago.

Green Bay and San Francisco should be the cream of their divisions and this is the year Dallas can get things done. If not, I think you see a coaching change in Dallas and maybe even a QB change. A lot of pressure to get done this year in Dallas.

Seattle will be right there chasing San Fran and Atlanta will fall short in catching New Orleans.

I can see a major regression in Atlanta this year. They won a lot of games close last year and won them on their final drive. It was truly a magical year in Atlanta. I don't think they can repeat that effort.

A lot of buzz around Chicago and St Louis. Not with my money. The typical QB injury will hit Chicago as it does every year and St Louis has 4 games against SF/SEA, they lose at least 3 of those.

There's a lot of good teams in the NFC and I just have this feeling that there is payback, retribution and a strong will and desire from the Saints organization, team and coaches to CRUSH it this year.

So why did I choose Houston. I believe they will have home field advantage this year and learned how important every game is. They pissed away HFA last year and that cost them dearly.

As like the Saints, I see some atonement in the works. We all know how good New England is but they somehow find a way to choke in the last few years. Add in they have lost a lot of veterans on offense and if you took away Brady what would they have? Their defense is going to be a major problem for them this year and any team with a strong defense that can get some stops against them, will beat New England. Houston is that team.

A shoot out in the Super Bowl in 30-40 degree weather on a bright sunny day that turns into the upper 20's at night. Should make for quite the game if my scenario holds true.

At this point anything can and will happen, so 6 months from now, we can go back and look at this and go what the hell was he thinking.

FREAK #251242 09/05/13 08:47 PM
Rookie
Rookie
Are we the only two that have a thought about this?

FREAK #256339 01/01/14 05:47 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Originally Posted by FREAK
I think this year is not going to be much of a difference from last year. There may be a few surprises but unlikely to put the football world on notice.

AFC

East - New England
North - Cincinnati or Baltimore (Tie)
South - Houston
West - Denver

Wild Cards - Cincinnati or Baltimore with Indianapolis

NFC

East - Dallas
North - Green Bay
South - New Orleans
West - San Francisco

Wild Cards - Atlanta/Seattle

AFC - Houston
NFC - New Orleans

Champs = Houston

In the AFC no one is going to challenge New England in the East. The Dolphins are a trendy pick to make the playoffs, but there's just no way in my view they get there. In the North it's going to be a tie between Cincinnati and Baltimore, one will win the division and one will be a wild card. In the South and the West, easy peasy barring some major major injuries, Houston and Denver.

Indianapolis will be the other wild card team.

The AFC just appears to damn easy to predict to be honest. Watch me be way wrong here, but seriously who is going to step up this year? Teams are in major declines like Pittsburgh and San Diego or the teams are just going to be super aweful like Oakland, Tennessee and NY Jets.

In the NFC it's almost more of the same. The only difference is New Orleans. They get reunited with their coach, bounty gate is behind them and they pick up where they left off two years ago.

Green Bay and San Francisco should be the cream of their divisions and this is the year Dallas can get things done. If not, I think you see a coaching change in Dallas and maybe even a QB change. A lot of pressure to get done this year in Dallas.

Seattle will be right there chasing San Fran and Atlanta will fall short in catching New Orleans.

I can see a major regression in Atlanta this year. They won a lot of games close last year and won them on their final drive. It was truly a magical year in Atlanta. I don't think they can repeat that effort.

A lot of buzz around Chicago and St Louis. Not with my money. The typical QB injury will hit Chicago as it does every year and St Louis has 4 games against SF/SEA, they lose at least 3 of those.

There's a lot of good teams in the NFC and I just have this feeling that there is payback, retribution and a strong will and desire from the Saints organization, team and coaches to CRUSH it this year.

So why did I choose Houston. I believe they will have home field advantage this year and learned how important every game is. They pissed away HFA last year and that cost them dearly.

As like the Saints, I see some atonement in the works. We all know how good New England is but they somehow find a way to choke in the last few years. Add in they have lost a lot of veterans on offense and if you took away Brady what would they have? Their defense is going to be a major problem for them this year and any team with a strong defense that can get some stops against them, will beat New England. Houston is that team.

A shoot out in the Super Bowl in 30-40 degree weather on a bright sunny day that turns into the upper 20's at night. Should make for quite the game if my scenario holds true.

At this point anything can and will happen, so 6 months from now, we can go back and look at this and go what the hell was he thinking.

3 out of 4 division winners in the AFC. Funny I mentioned about teams in decline San Diego/Pittsburgh and they battled for the last wild card spot. Overall 4 of 6 playoff teams.

NFC 1 of 4 division champs and overall 4 of 6 playoff teams.

Obviously Houston won't make the Super Bowl, what a cluster f of a season they had. Guess they wanted to be like the Astros except the Astros lost 15 in a row to end their season. Makes you wonder if Houston would've went 0-16 had it not been for the comebacks in the first two games. I think if they lose those both or go 1-1 their season doesn't go the way it went.

Saints had the season I thought they would except I didn't expect them to struggle as much as they did on the road.

The playoffs are going to be wide open.

Moderated by  FREAK, sailfish, tinfw17, wayne1218 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Please be advised that links to other sites may offer activities that are illegal in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are strongly urged to investigate the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions of viewers and makes no representation or endorsement of any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites. By viewing this website, viewers agree to hold the website owner harmless from any claims that may arise from their participation in any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites.

2000-2024 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.