Re: 2012 Season
FREAK #237032 09/21/12 10:10 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
Well Philly won't win the East, Cincy won the Central and Arizona certainly won't win the west.

Only chose one wild card per league at least I have Atlanta right.

AL East still up for grabs, Detroit still fighting Chicago and LA won' win West and likely won't make wild card.

Toronto WC also a fail as is the WS selections.

Will analyze the playoffs once all set.

A post a day and your access will stay!

Re: 2012 Season
FREAK #237615 10/04/12 06:57 AM
Time to play the Game
FREAK Online OP
Owner

OP Online
Owner

Time to play the Game
NL East Philadelphia FAIL
NL Central Cincinnati SUCCESS
NL West Arizona FAIL
Wild Card Atlanta SUCCESS

Al East NY Yankees SUCCESS
AL Central Detroit SUCCESS
AL West LA Angels FAIL
Wild Card Toronto FAIL

Arizona vs LA Angels WOOPS

Another regular season of baseball has come and gone and I feel a twinge of sadness as this was a really great regular season.na and Pittsburgh had better than expected years and we all know about the debacles in Chicago 101 losses and Houston 107 losses. These two combined to go 43-119 on the road. 10 teams in the majors won 43 games on the road by themselves led by Washington winning 48 and Cincinnati winning 47.

Finally in the West a great year for the Giants, a ton of money spent by the Dodgers which may pay off next year but I don't think so. I don't think they are the Yankees of the National League. I believe they are going to struggle with egos that sort of surface down the stretch. Big $ doesn't always relate to the playoffs, see Oakland for a blue print of how to do it right.

Arizona had a rather disappointing season after the end of last season and the start of this season. This team was either on a 5 game winning streak or a 5 game losing streak there was just no consistency to be found. They need some veteran players in their lineup.

San Diego had a nice second half of the season and they are a lot like Oakland to some degree, they have a nice nucleus of young pitchers, they need a veteran and some offense.

As for Colorado, they just need pitching, pitching, pitching. If you noticed the last two months of the season the starters were typically only going 4-5 innings max and it was set up that way. They had a pitcher on notice to be ready to come in the 2nd or 3rd inning of every game. Not sure what that was all about but it certainly didn't work. They had to go 6-4 the final 10 games to avoid the 100 game losing season but had 98 losses.

Looking forward to the playoffs and I know people tend to forget about baseball once football starts up and if you did, you missed out a great final month and some amazing moments.

I did something that I never had done before and purchased the MLB.TV package online for $10 when they offered it one weekend about 6 weeks ago. By far the best $10 I ever spent online for anything and more than likely the best $10 I spent. Typically I'll watch games free on the streaming sites but the quality isn't great and they don't have all the games.

I watched tonight the final outs of the regular season which ended simultaneously in both KC and MIL in two totally meaningless games after watching the Reds lose 1-0 to the Triple A Cardinals tonight. Just have to love baseball we all grew up playing it in the summer whether it was whiffle ball, softball or hitting baseball that went through neighborhood windows.

The boys of summer definitely delivered in 2012. As I close this, it feels like just last week I was up late watching Seattle and Oakland open the season in Japan. The regular season is only 6 months away. :)

FREAK

A post a day and your access will stay!

Moderated by  FREAK, sailfish, tinfw17, wayne1218 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Please be advised that links to other sites may offer activities that are illegal in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are strongly urged to investigate the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions of viewers and makes no representation or endorsement of any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites. By viewing this website, viewers agree to hold the website owner harmless from any claims that may arise from their participation in any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites.

2000-2024 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.