Sports Betting

Betting Forum

FREAKSFORUM Exclusive: 50% Bonus up to $300

Use Code: FREAK 300 to get this bonus. Click on the banner to take you to Intertops and be part of the action !!!!

Topic Options
#231280 - 04/10/12 11:48 AM NHL Playoffs!
poorboy Offline
2006 Bad Man Runner Up

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Hi All,

Freak, I know I was hoping to participate more the past season but life gets in the way. Lesson learned for me though in that I have to slow down as a recent hospital visit turned into a lot more (Quintuple Bypass surgery) which was a blessing in disguise so I get a second chance. However, the last few weeks I watched more hockey than the past year combined so perfect timing going into the playoffs (I find the positive in everything!)

So, here are my predictions for the first round this season... Not that many people follow hockey :)

Western Conference

Vancouver (1) vs Los Angeles (8) - Vancouver in 7 - LA plays Vancouver ('Bias alert' I am a Canucks fan) pretty close and I would expect this to be no different. It is actually one team I did not want to see Vancouver face. Quick is playing awesome in goal for LA and the only advantage is that Vancouver scores more than LA but Canucks have a tendency to play to the level of opponents sometimes and play a lot of 1 goal games which if they get on the wrong end of things, will be difficult to get a couple goals back.

St Louis (2) vs San Jose (7) - St Louis in 5 - The Blues have had a great season since the coaching change and really have played well while SJ has been mediocre this year. I think the Blues will have no problems against the Sharks.

Phoenix (3) vs Chicago (6) - Phoenix in 7 - Well, Chicago has a better record but Phoenix gets home ice advantage and I think that will make the difference as this one goes 7 games. Phoenix goal tending will be the difference in the end. Hopefully the off ice ownership stuff does not distract things too much although this could be last season in that city.

Nashville (4) vs Detroit (5) - Detroit in 7 - Well, Nashville has home ice advantage here and I think they are a very good team. Something just tells me don't bet against the Wings, even though they are getting older and not the team they once were, they have 'street cred' with me so I will give them the edge in game 7!

Eastern Conference

New York Rangers (1) vs Ottawa (8) - Ottawa in 6 - For some reason, Ottawa has the Rangers number this season. The Senators were not even expected to make the Playoffs this year but they did get in. Part sentimental favorite for me so it may be more hope than logic! Obviously great goaltending on the NY side of things and less so for Ottawa.

Boston (2) vs Washington (7) - Boston in 7 - If Washington did not have Goaltending injuries, I would pick them but with the current situation, i reluctantly give the Bruins the edge.

Florida (3) vs New Jersey (6) - New Jersey in 6

Pittsburgh (4) vs Philadelphia (5) - Pittsburgh in 7 - This should be a hell of a series as these teams do not exactly like each other or play very well together! I think Crosby/Malkin will be the difference in this one and get revenge against the flak they have been taking lately

#231293 - 04/10/12 06:58 PM Re: NHL Playoffs! [Re: poorboy]
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

Loc: Time to play the Game
Good stuff Poorboy, glad to see all went well with the bypass. I am sure that was scary stuff to say the least.

Stay positive and win a ton in the NHL Playoffs :)

Thanks for being a loyal member to the forum, I really appreciate it. Too bad a lot of the original members don't come back home.

#231780 - 04/25/12 05:43 PM Re: NHL Playoffs! [Re: FREAK]
FREAK Online   happy
Owner

Loc: Time to play the Game
What's next for the second round?

#231960 - 05/01/12 12:05 AM Re: NHL Playoffs! [Re: FREAK]
husker24 Offline
2012 Bad Man Champion

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Congrats with the bypass Poorboy. Great synopsis of the first round.

Looking for a great series with Devils and Flyers. Go Devils!! We watched game 7 at the bar Thursday night against Florida and what a game it was!

#232661 - 05/17/12 10:16 PM Re: NHL Playoffs! [Re: husker24]
poorboy Offline
2006 Bad Man Runner Up

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Thanks Guys,

I remain positive and am doing well! It was scary at first and then a person just has to suck it up and do what needs to be done. Could never thank my wife enough for helping me through that first week at home. I am still young (46) and I really respect the older folks who go through this. It has been a hell of a journey for sure.

Guess my memory is going now as I could swear I posted 2nd round info :) (at work, i blame the anesthetic from the surgery still or the pills!). Too late to offer 3rd round opinion but I do like the Devils as well Husker. I would have picked the Kings as I did fear them in round 1 for the Canucks. Something about that team this year for sure and not sure who can stop them. They are playing well as a team, support each other, and have Quick to backstop them when needed. He did not let the goal he let in from center ice rattle him either.

Activities offered by links to other sites may be deemed an illegal activity in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are specifically warned that they should inquire into the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions by and makes no representation or endorsement of any of these games and/or activities offered by the third party site. As a condition of viewing this website viewers agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from the viewers participation in any of the games and/or activities offered by the third party site.

2000-2017 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.